Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
04/27/24 at 14:41:15
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Installing Ecco Pro if you already own it (Popularity: 634 )
Jstar555
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Installing Ecco Pro if you already own it
11/05/23 at 00:00:42

Long time ecco pro user.  Purchased the original software from netmange in July of 1997.  The original software came with a 32 bit installer which does not work on Windows 10.  What I did not know is that you can copy all the files and folders from Ecco’s last install, which was located in C:\Program Files (x86)\ECCO to the new computer.  The Ecco program does not need an installer!  Just create a shortcut on the ecco32.exe file and start running the program.  The first time you run the program you may need to run it as administrator.  But after the first launch this is no longer required.

The next thing you need to do is replace the “Default.ect” file template which can cause Ecco Database Corruption.  This file goes in the root install directory or the C:\Program Files (x86)\ECCO directory.

Users can find this file by searching for “updated default.ect” in the forums search bar.

I have spent a lot of time browsing this forum and the “Groups.io” Ecco forum which I believe is the old Yahoo Groups forum.

« Last Edit: 11/05/23 at 10:45:29 by Jstar555 »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print