Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
05/02/24 at 12:48:27
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for an easy way to demote an item to the same level as its children?   (Popularity: 4544 )
montillo
Contributing  Member

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Looking for an easy way to demote an item to the same level as its children?  
05/09/09 at 14:25:48

Is there an easy way to demote an item to the same level as its children?          

For comparison, currently in "microsoft word" outlines, demoting an item makes it have the same outline level as its children. In Ecco this demotes the item AND all its children (E.g. moves them one level "to the right")..          

I have not found a simple, one or two keystroke way, to demote an item to the same level as its children. As a hack, I currently find and select all of its children, promote them to the level of the item and then demote the children and current item, in order to achieve the desired result..            

Does anyone know an easier way?

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: Looking for an easy way to demote an item to the same level as its children?  
Reply #1 - 05/09/09 at 17:44:36

ok, nice question.

(welcome to the forum!).

word doesn't really outline.   It just indents.

Children attach in ecco to their parent.  That is part of the magic.

you can't "demote" an item,   you can only move it to be a child of the item immediately above it.

since that item can change,   you're making one item the sub-item of another, actually unrelated item (except they share a parent or are in same folder).

you can Ctrl+J on item to show only 1st level of children,  tab, move down,  then
control+shift+Page down
then shift up
and shift+tab

use a macro program to make a macro...

hope is clear to helpful.  

Edited:
If there is some important use for this,  will consider to add to the magicHijack! tool.

I'm just not sure what benefit this would bring,  although am open to suggestion.

Edited:

ok,

thanks for those who PM'd,   although note it is perfectly OK to respond right in this thread.

Now understand the need for being able to move a heading into a sub-heading,  while leaving its children as sub-headings of the same level.

Three new features added to magicHijack! tool (at this point for registered users):

1) Demote an item without moving its sub-items.

2) Promote an item directly,  without inheriting sub-items.  

3) Promote the first sub-item and inherit all others.

« Last Edit: 05/09/09 at 21:40:31 by Admin »  

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print