Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
05/04/24 at 23:48:41
News: Welcome to the eccoMAGIC forum.
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Linking editable microsoft word docs to Ecco items? (Popularity: 4073 )
montillo
Contributing  Member

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Linking editable microsoft word docs to Ecco items?
04/27/09 at 20:56:29

couple of questions:
1. Does MagicView (or any other tool) allow the association of an editable word document with an item ?  

2. Also is there a way to associate a link to a BOOKMARK in a microsoft word document to an ecco item? For example I would like to have an item in Ecco be associated with a particular part of a long word document. I have entered a bookmark in that document so I can jump to the section in the document ,  if only I could insert into Ecco a link such as  
c:\My documents\My first document with bookmark.doc#NameOfBookmark  
This link works inside word, to hyperlink a word document to a bookmark elsewhere in (a possibly separate) document, but Ecco seems to complain that the hyperlink is not a filename and wont launch word and allow word to traverse to the bookmark.  

In the above example, the notation #NameOfBookmark tells word to traverse to the bookmark with the name "NameOfBookmark"

« Last Edit: 04/28/09 at 06:35:51 by Admin »  
  IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: Linking editable microsoft word docs to Ecco items?
Reply #1 - 04/28/09 at 06:36:02

couple of questions:
1. Does MagicView (or any other tool) allow the association of an editable word document with an item ?  

you don't need a tool for this.

you can attach word file DIRECTLY as ecco item INSIDE ecco.  can be independent or linked to external .doc file.

MagicView allows associating a VIEW (editible word window) for any file.   The file can be copied to the .eco file's .web directory ("grounding")  with Alt+G.

you can also COPY the text & formatting of .doc  to create native editable MagicView page.

2. Also is there a way to associate a link to a BOOKMARK in a microsoft word document to an ecco item? For example I would like to have an item in Ecco be associated with a particular part of a long word document. I have entered a bookmark in that document so I can jump to the section in the document ,  if only I could insert into Ecco a link such as  
c:\My documents\My first document with bookmark.doc#NameOfBookmark  
This link works inside word, to hyperlink a word document to a bookmark elsewhere in (a possibly separate) document, but Ecco seems to complain that the hyperlink is not a filename and wont launch word and allow word to traverse to the bookmark.  

In the above example, the notation #NameOfBookmark tells word to traverse to the bookmark with the name "NameOfBookmark"

does it work if you put in quotes in ecco's net location folder ?

(see also http://ecco.empowers.us/ )

you should be able to set up easily even a dedicated 'word' jump folder to auto jump.

see more on Ecco's native power for folder based launch rules in Ecco's own instructions...

« Last Edit: 05/09/09 at 18:18:51 by Admin »  

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print