Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
05/06/24 at 16:40:44
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bad Scheduling Channel errors (Popularity: 3773 )
MrPete
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Bad Scheduling Channel errors
01/31/08 at 17:51:48

We get this error *very* frequently when EccoExt is running. Never when it is not running.

To get the error:
* Use a shared Ecco file (newly constructed with EccoExt running, or an old one, doesn't seem to matter)
* Be online. If offline, no error ever
* Whenever the Ecco window is restored (or opened), the first new item created will most likely produce the error

If you type at all quickly, you will also discover the error has a side effect: only the first character remains, from everything you've typed while creating the new item.

Have found no workaround. It's mostly annoying and causes one to have to be careful much of the time when bringing Ecco up from the background to add a new (whatever)

IP Logged
MrPete
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: Bad Scheduling Channel errors
Reply #1 - 02/06/08 at 18:39:35

Slang asked for help replicating. Here is my simplest replication scenario. This was also posted to ecco_pro:

>On 1 Feb 2008 slangmgh said...
>
>>I cannot duplicate the error, could you give me detail steps to  
>>produce the problem with a clean environment, thanks.

Here are my simplest steps to reproducing this bug:

0) Configure an Ecco Workgroup Environment if not already done
   (If you need help doing this, please ask)
   Essentially, you should be able to use File->Open Shared and File->Share and it works ok.

1) File->New
    (No need to add anything; the sample data that's there is fine)

2) File->Share
    (Make it an "other shared file", make all notepads public, give it a name)

3) File->Save As
    (This creates a replica on your own machine, so you are able to use the file whether online or offline)

4) File->Open and open the local file from #3
   (You should be "online" with the file now)

5) Close Ecco/EccoExt completely. (The bug most easily shows up
   the first time you open Ecco)

6) Open Ecco

7) Open the local shared file copy. Same as step #4. Again, you should be online with your replica...

8) (You should be in a notepad) Go to the blank line at the end of the notepad. Type "Test" and press <enter>

==> I get Bad Scheduling Channel here

==> I will randomly (?) get it at other times, but this is 100% repeatable for me. Repeat steps 5-8 again to see it again.

IMPORTANT: I have traced the network accesses at the packet level, and it is NOT a firewall or bad-packet issue. There is nothing wrong (that I can see) with the interaction. I don't know the packet details, so could be missing something of course...

I hope this helps!
Pete

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print