Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
05/06/24 at 10:28:26
News: The Yahoo New Yahoo! Ecco_Pro forum was ended by Yahoo's end of board support... New group is at groups.io
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Palm to PC does not sync (Popularity: 5978 )
albertschepers
Contributing  Member

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Palm to PC does not sync
11/21/07 at 12:18:55

The palm does not transfer data from the PDA to the PC when eccoext is loaded.  It works fine when only ecco is loaded.  This problem exists with both old and new Hotsync programs as I recently had to reload the palm software and the problem persists.

Albert Schepers
Email WWW   IP Logged
Philster
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: Palm to PC does not sync
Reply #1 - 01/24/08 at 12:54:57

Hi. I wouldn't go so far as to say that the Palm does not transfer any data. For me, any Palm programs that do not sync with Ecco work fine, Natara Bonsai for example. And within Ecco (when Eccoext is running), so far, the only problem I have observed is that my Palm memos are synced as empty items to my Ecco "Inbox" folder. (I can see only the bullet, but the number of bullets corresponds correctly to the number of memos.) Shutting down Eccoext, starting Ecco32.exe, modifying the memos on the Palm and syncing again is a viable workaround but also rather a pain! So it would be great if this could be fixed some time soon.

BTW, this software is awesome! I already love it and am only beginning to explore the possiblities of the powerful new rule syntax.

IP Logged
albertschepers
Contributing  Member

I Love Ecco!

Reply #2 - 01/25/08 at 12:30:46

I should have been more specific.  In my case it is that the Palm calendar does not transfer data from the palm to the computer.  As I do not use the memo or notepads I do not know if they do not work and as I only change my phone book on the computer I have not tested it.

But you are correct, most data is transfered without any problem, I use documents to go it is works seemlessly (unless of course a document is open on the palm).

Sorry for the confusion.  I trust this update is perhaps a little more meaningful.

Albert

Albert Schepers
Email WWW   IP Logged
TheVisionThing
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Reply #3 - 05/29/08 at 13:37:04

I'm experiencing the same problem as Albert, namely:
Eccoext v4 loaded
New Ecco Calendar item will synch to Palm Centro
New Palm Centro Calendar item will NOT synch back to Ecco