Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
03/28/24 at 17:38:47
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is going on in ecco_pro YG?  Can't post there! (Popularity: 5059 )
Ryan
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post What is going on in ecco_pro YG?  Can't post there!
10/28/19 at 23:36:17

What is going on the the ecco_pro yahoo group?  In 12 years of posting I have never had a problem posting there, but I have been trying to post there for 2 days and nothing posts.  Sometimes I get errors, sometimes it tells me it is successful, but it never shows up?!

IP Logged
Ryan
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: What is going on in ecco_pro YG?  Can't post there!
Reply #1 - 10/29/19 at 09:45:16

Please continue to allow uninterrupted posting by members in the ecco_pro Yahoo Group.  Thank you.

Why are other people's posts appearing and mine are not?  This is extremely aggravating.

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: What is going on in ecco_pro YG?  Can't post there!
Reply #2 - 10/29/19 at 12:29:31

Ryan,

sorry to be the one to fill you in, but....

Something like:  the Yahoo forum changed to Neo a few years ago, and it sucked, and people left the Yahoo forums...  Not understanding that they had killed their own forum,  Yahoo decided that people don't like forums anymore... and closed all of its forums...

All of the Yahoo groups have been locked and will shortly be deleted by Yahoo...

there is a new group open at groups.io  that may (or may not) replace the ecco Yahoo forum...

sorry to be the one to bring you that message....

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Ryan
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Reply #3 - 10/29/19 at 14:50:35

But aren't the groups supposed to be open until December 14th?  I don't understand why I have so much trouble posting there now in ecco_pro.  I see a message posted on the group saying "MOVED TO http:ecco-pro.com" (here).  Does that mean the mod did something to prevent posts to the Yahoo Group?

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #4 - 10/30/19 at 14:12:57

here is what Yahoo states:

Quote:
Attention: Starting December 14, 2019 Yahoo Groups will no longer host user created content on its sites. New content can no longer be uploaded after October 28, 2019. Sending/Receiving email functionality is not going away, you can continue to communicate via any email client with your group members.

so,  who knows....

The current attempt is to use the "EccoPro"  group at groups.io   .

Not sure how that will work out.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
vicente
Contributing  Member

I Love Ecco!

Reply #5 - 11/03/19 at 21:29:45

You can still post to the yahoo group but only by sending email. It may take a few days before your post shows up.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print