It is sometimes really difficult to write a lay-person's explanation of a difficult concept. (I really don't like the term "dummie's guide" but the term has seemingly been adopted to mean: "a well written guide for an intelligent person to understand a subject which is not in their own particular area of expertise...")

I taught high-school math for a couple of years after college, and clearly recall the realization one day while teaching a Calculus class that when someone didn't understand what I said, that repeating the same words only louder did absolutely nothing to improve comprehension...

I'm sitting here looking at a book titled: "Relativity: The Special and the General Theory" written by a man named Albert Einstein in 1916. In the preface he says: "The present book is intended, as far as possible, to give an exact insight into the theory or Relativity to those readers who, from a general scientific and philosophical point of view, are interested in the theory, but who are not conversant with the mathematical apparatus of theoretical physics. The work presumes a standard of education corresponding to that of a university matriculation examination, and, despite the shortness of the book, a fair amount of patience and force of will on the the part of the reader."

With this as inspiration, I will attempt to at least pique the interest of some non-technical readers who love Ecco as much as I do, and who might benefit from embracing some of the new possibilities opened up by the eccoext code.