Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
04/18/24 at 04:43:37
News: If you have a scroll wheel, TRY EM SCROLL WHEELS. It's NICE!
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Dreaded Unable to Allocate Memory Error Message (Popularity: 1211 )
RichB
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post The Dreaded Unable to Allocate Memory Error Message
09/13/21 at 18:50:01

Hello All:

I am a 25 year user of Ecco.

I am running Ecco 4.01 on a Windows 10 machine, without Slack.

For the most part, it's been a smooth ride, although across the years I have run into a couple of low memory error messages, which were always resolved by creating new Date folders to auto-assign dates to new items and turning off auto-assign on the old date folders.

This time is different.

The EM Memory Reporter is showing 65,524 items with 3 free (attached), but that was after deleting a whole bunch of notepads and date folders from a backup/safe file, which should have freed up a lot more items.

I have read all the pinned posts about handling the low memory problem, but nothing seems to have helped. (Altho TBH, I didn't completely understand the post on Done folder maintenance).

Any suggestions at this point?

Don't want to give up on Ecco, but I can't enter new items, which may force my hand.

Best regards,
RichB
"Ecco Lifer"

EMMR.jpg
  IP Logged
RichB
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: The Dreaded Unable to Allocate Memory Error Message
Reply #1 - 09/16/21 at 17:31:38

Okay, so I think I pinpointed the cause of the problem-- the Due Date folder.

The choice to delete the Due Date folder from the back up/safe copy was grayed out on the side menu, so I dumped the Due Date folder contents into the Scratch folder.

I then deleted 200 items from the Scratch folder, closed and reopened the file.

EMMR now shows an additional 200 items free, and I can add new items back into the file.

Funny that EMMR didn't show items opening up when I deleted items and folders outside of the Due Date folder. (I understand that there are separate, lower folder limits below the 65,527 total item limit.)

Any suggestions on how to clean out/reduce my Due Date folder, but still have the information easily accessible?

RichB

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print