Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
04/16/24 at 02:54:19
News: If you outline, checkout the new outlineZOOM extension. Amazing stuff to instantly bring your ideas into focus.
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Running Ecco on Mac (Popularity: 3943 )
Arturooui
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Running Ecco on Mac
01/01/20 at 11:10:39

Anyone running Ecco on a Mac in the latest OS (Catalina)

I recently upgraded my Mac to the Catalina OS and immediately lost use of Ecco.  Catalina, the latest Mac OS is 64 bit only.  

I had been running Ecco through Mojave OS in Crossover program with no problems.  At least the 32 bit version.  

I had to reload Mojave on my Mac to be able to run some of my 32 bit software, including Ecco. This is running through the Crossover program version 18.1.  The most recent release of Crossover is version 19, which is suppose to run 32 bit programs in Catalina but I am hesitant to upgrade to it for fear of Ecco still not running.  

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged
Arturooui
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: Running Ecco on Mac
Reply #1 - 01/01/20 at 21:16:32

Ok, i just installed Catalina then Crossover19 on my Mac Book Pro and Ecco works fine.

IP Logged
sheetplanner
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Reply #2 - 02/15/20 at 16:02:01

Hello Arturooui,
I am the developer of SheetPlanner for Mac.

SheetPlanner has a lot of similarities to Ecco Pro.

You might find it interesting.

The soon to be released version 2 which supports multiple Outlines in a single document will be very attractive to former Ecco users.

You can download the app from the Mac App Store for a 21 day trial. After that its a one off purchase of $49.95.
Regards,
Peter

Email   IP Logged
stevenkentrossiter
EccoMagic Apprentice

Reply #3 - 03/05/20 at 19:04:15

Is it a difficult process to install Ecco on Catalina? I can see instructions on the CrossOver site for installing a Windows program but was not sure if there are special considerations for Ecco (ie which installation package to use) or does following the "EccoMagic's XP/Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10  EZ EccoPro Install" http://forums.eccomagic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1193820851 thread do the trick.

Thanks for the help, Steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print