Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
03/28/24 at 04:18:41
News: The Yahoo New Yahoo! Ecco_Pro forum was ended by Yahoo's end of board support... New group is at groups.io
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How long have you been using Ecco ? (Popularity: 9131 )
Investsagely
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post How long have you been using Ecco ?
07/10/18 at 21:19:15

I have been using Ecco since 1995.  In the past I have worked with Compusol.  I am using  version 4.01 32 bit.

« Last Edit: 07/11/18 at 16:08:58 by Admin »  
  IP Logged
ChristopherMorris
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: How long have you been using Ecco ?
Reply #1 - 09/20/18 at 00:51:04

Quote from Investsagely on 07/10/18 at 21:19:15:
I have been using Ecco since 1995.  In the past I have worked with Compusol.  I am using  version 4.01 32 bit.

I've been using it since 2001. Thanks for mentioning that you've been using it since 1995; I thought I was the only one who has been using it for such a long time.

Email   IP Logged
idlerwheel
Contributing  Member

I Love Ecco!

Reply #2 - 01/13/19 at 17:41:08

I have been using ECCO since 1996. Originally, I bought the stripped-down version named "ECCO Simplicity." Then I changed to ECCO Pro, which I have been using ever since. I'm keeping a Windows XP machine up and running mainly so that I can use ECCO. However, being disgusted with how Microsoft conducts themselves, I have migrated to Linux. I want to try running ECCO under Wine, but am facing difficulty in installing Wine into Mint with the XFCE desktop (as I write this, the main program file cannot be found on the main Wine web site).

I have been considering either (a) moving all my data into more current applications that run smoothly in Linux, or (b) moving my antique ECCO into the Linux/Mint environment. So far, the jury is still out. (I was able to install Wine very neatly into a Fedora installation from Fedora's own program repository, but will probably be abandoning Fedora for Mint).

I understand that ECCO was developed to be a showcase application for a database language. I'd hate to abandon ECCO: in my experience, the program is unique, especially in its open-ended structuring.

I have never seen any explanation for what the name "ECCO" stands for. Does anybody know?

Richard
  IP Logged
ChrisHool
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Reply #3 - 01/27/19 at 10:06:06

My memory must be wrong because I remember buying Ecco Pro before its stated release date!  So far, it has migrated through all the Microsoft operating systems since then.  The most recent crash, however, has me needing a new install.  Although I am far from a power user, I still use it for every type of organized activity, particularly logging and outlining functions.  I am thrilled that this forum is keeping it alive!  Chris

Email   IP Logged
nikolagronc
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Reply #4 - 02/15/19 at 07:39:01

Quote from ChrisHool on 01/27/19 at 10:06:06:
My memory must be wrong because I remember buying Ecco Pro before its stated release date!  So far, it has migrated through all the Microsoft operating systems since then.  The most recent crash, however, has me needing a new install.  Although I am far from a power user, I still use it for every type of organized activity, particularly logging and outlining functions.  I am thrilled that this forum is keeping it alive!  Chris Hydromax

All of these are not set to make the things worth or a lies between those installation

Email   IP Logged
nikolagronc
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Reply #5 - 02/27/19 at 02:22:42

Quote from idlerwheel on 01/13/19 at 17:41:08:
I have been using ECCO since 1996. Originally, I bought the stripped-down version named "ECCO Simplicity." Then I changed to ECCO Pro, which I have been using ever since. I'm keeping a Windows XP machine up and running mainly so that I can use ECCO. However, being disgusted with how Microsoft conducts themselves, I have migrated to Linux. I want to try running ECCO under Wine, but am facing difficulty in installing Wine into Mint with the XFCE desktop (as I write this, the main program file cannot be found on the main Wine web site).

I have been considering either (a) moving all my data into more current applications that run smoothly in Linux, or (b) moving my antique ECCO into the Linux/Mint environment. So far, the jury is still out. (I was able to install Wine very neatly into a Fedora installation from Fedora's own program repository, but will probably be abandoning Fedora for Mint). V Tight Gel | Penomet | Bathmate | Bathmate| Vigrx Oil | Semenax

I understand that ECCO was developed to be a showcase application for a database language. I'd hate to abandon ECCO: in my experience, the program is unique, especially in its open-ended structuring.

I have never seen any explanation for what the name "ECCO" stands for. Does anybody know?

You are not regret with those space which you can't showcase but still the ECCO simplicity are more often to used by PRO

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print