Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
03/28/24 at 12:01:52
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MagicMerge - I activated it but nothing happen after click 'Merge' ? (Popularity: 9741 )
seanlu21
EccoMagic Apprentice

Yes, I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post MagicMerge - I activated it but nothing happen after click 'Merge' ?
10/18/17 at 21:52:13

After I selected several contacts from Phonebook, and do Win+Shift +W,,, the merge window popups, I chose the only template there available 'activate' , and click 'Merge" button....  

then it disappear and nothing happen ...... is it a joke ?

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: MagicMerge - I activated it but nothing happen after click 'Merge' ?
Reply #1 - 10/20/17 at 00:51:48

Shocked

What do you mean you chose the only template ?

Which windows version are you using ?    Which version of Word ?

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
seanlu21
EccoMagic Apprentice

Yes, I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: MagicMerge - I activated it but nothing happen after click 'Merge' ?
Reply #2 - 10/27/17 at 00:38:51

thank you and sorry for the late reply I did not read the forum everyday.
mine is windows 10, and office 2016 installed in the windows 10 pc.

after i select several contacts from phonebook,  then i do 'win +shift + w' , then it popup as I attached here, you see there is a template "Active WordDocument",, right ? then I click "MERGE"...  

then nothing happen.

thanks, pls help.

Screenshot_23magicmerge_only_one_template.png
  IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #3 - 10/29/17 at 17:02:39

if you run magicmerge as administrator,  does that help ?

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
seanlu21
EccoMagic Apprentice

Yes, I Love Ecco!

Reply #4 - 10/30/17 at 05:16:09

Thank you, and let me try, I shall reply you soon.
Cheers.
Sean Lu

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #5 - 11/16/17 at 00:26:59

Quote:
Dear Sir, I am afraid that I still can not figure out how to achieve mailmerge from ecco, thank you for your help, I am trying to do it a simpler way, could you possible advise that is it possible to achieve follows? :

- select certain contacts from 'phonebook' or from notepad.
- then 'send email' to a mail composer screen with all the selected contacts' email addresses in "To:" column ?

the way Ecco work will only open an mail composing page with ONE email address in "To: " only. can you change it ?

Are you using slang extension ?

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #6 - 11/16/17 at 00:31:07

You can select items & manually export information into file,  then use file to do a manual mail merge with word.

File >Database > Export

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
seanlu21
EccoMagic Apprentice

Yes, I Love Ecco!

Reply #7 - 12/04/17 at 21:15:11

thank you but, I need a easy way to do it as it is not something complicated I just need to add selected contacts' email address in the to: column.

it will be too complicated if I do export and choose 'fields' and copy and paste into email to: header.

is it possible to copy selcted items's field value in ecco ?

b.regards
sean  

Quote from Admin on 11/16/17 at 00:31:07:

You can select items & manually export information into file,  then use file to do a manual mail merge with word.

File >Database > Export

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print