Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
04/25/24 at 14:32:04
News: Try magicHijack!, Hoist, Move, & Gather, is simply amazing!
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shared file became single user - not responding (Popularity: 6930 )
littleguyit
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Shared file became single user - not responding
12/10/12 at 13:31:14

Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone has run into this. We've got an ecco file running on the network that has been running in workgroup mode for YEARS. All of a sudden, it no longer accepts multiple connections. One person can connect fine, but once someone else tries, Ecco locks up and gets a "not responding" error. The person originally connected is fine.

Creating a new file eliminates this issue - everyone can connect no problem. One thing to note is if you go into the Database Properties menu, and try and view connection information, it comes back with an error, and locks up. If I try and do it on the new database, it works no problem. So obviously something is corrupted. All Ecco software tests have come back clean (using the tools provided by this forum, thank you)

It's almost as if the file became "unshared", though there are no indications this is the case.  

1st question is, has anyone else run into this? 2nd question is, how easy is it to export all of the information from one Ecco file into another?

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: Shared file became single user - not responding
Reply #1 - 12/12/12 at 21:10:57

could be many things.  Could be bad disk media  or other software that is performing some background operation on file that resulted in corrupted master file.

Could be a maxed out folder count issue and thus might corrupt the master file on updates.

Is this a shared master or a 'synced' master ?

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: Shared file became single user - not responding
Reply #2 - 12/12/12 at 21:30:03

Quote from littleguyit on 12/10/12 at 13:31:14:
2nd question is, how easy is it to export all of the information from one Ecco file into another?

VERY EASY.

you can export notepad views with data..  (View>Copy>Notepad).

Trick is to setup a view with all items and COLUMNS with all folder values. (necessary to transfer those values).

You can also copy & paste items with folder values using eccomagic (classic) or the slang extension (ecco_pro yahoo forum).

you can also export items w/ column values & import them  (although lose formatting info).

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print