Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
03/28/24 at 18:46:48
News: Try magicHijack!, Hoist, Move, & Gather, is simply amazing!
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
EM Advanced Diagnostics Toolkit (Popularity: 11978 )
Agent
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post EM Advanced Diagnostics Toolkit
12/19/11 at 20:46:15

Can someone please tell me how to get the EM Advanced Diagnostics Toolkit?

Thanks

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: EM Advanced Diagnostics Toolkit
Reply #1 - 12/20/11 at 02:47:02

For helperware registration,  just point me to your contributions.  

For more info on HelpWare:  http://forums.eccomagic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1201026516

If you've not yet contributed,  sorry to say that helpware registrations based on previous promises for future contribution did not pan out. For a registered version see the EM-ADT thread on the eccotools.com board.

Also, be sure to look at the (FREEWARE)  Eccomagic Memory Reporter.   It will warn you if you have too many items, and give you helpful info.   Also there is a very good tutorial with that thread (on the eccotools.com board).   There are other helpful tutorials on fixing overfilled date folders, etc. etc.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
cjholly
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Reply #2 - 02/02/12 at 14:18:31

I got the dreaded cannot complete command, low memory condition error again. I am pretty sure I accidentally did a search on the phonebook with nothing entered in the search field, or some similar thing where I called up a view with too much in it. Because the error message does not go away no matter how long I click OK (or it does not go away for as long as I can stand to click OK). I terminated it with Windows Task Manager, renamed the ECG file, reopened the ECO file (native Ecco) and took it offline.  

I ran EM Memory Reporter and nothing was exceeded. 33,825 items / 9570 view lines / 34,029 pointers* : (31,498 free)

I ran EM ADT using F5 and got no flags. I double clicked on a folder, Done, I think.  (Done had the most items: Done, Date   [ 6776 / 9608 ] but should not be a problem, right?) I got a notice that it was corrupted & I should exit without saving and run the Recovery tool. I did that and set the result aside. I definitely don't want to use that unless I have to.  

I got another copy of the ECO file, ran EM ADT F5 again, and got no flags

Then I ran Deep & Destructive and the file passed

I ran Deep & Destructive again without closing anything: Test Aborted error attaching ADT substructure. Possible but unproved corruption.

I ran it again and passed

Ran it again and it Aborted again

Deleted the copy.

Made a copy of the problem file, opened it. disconnected from the Master file, seemed to be fine. closed it

Installed latest EccoExt from the Yahoo group site. Started it and opened the ECO file, ran memory reporter, still fine

Ran EM-ADT F5, still fine with Done having the most items: Done, Date   [ 6784 / 9600 ]

Double clicked on Done: It did not open an EM-Scratch view, but instead there was a message on the Ecco status bar: unable to complete command, low memory condition detected (but no interminable warning dialog box, so I could carry on -- thank you slangh!)

Ran Destructive test and got the Aborted Test message

Started over with new copy of the file, ran EM-ADT F5, the Destructive, and Passed. Ran again and got the Test Aborted message

Soooo, I am wondering if my file is corrupted even with EccoExt running which sounds really bad. It seems like the problem is related to causing a view to open with too many things displayed, so I am hoping it is not really a corruption problem. I am going to try some other older versions of the file to see if I get the same result.

I am doing all this on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit  

Chris Holly

Email   IP Logged
cjholly
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Reply #3 - 02/02/12 at 15:36:53

Oooh, I just check a Recovered file with EM-ADT and got the same results -- Basic Analysis goes fine, no flags, first run of Destructive passes, second round Test Aborted. Sounds like I am not using ADT correctly. Anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong? --Chris Holly

Email   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #4 - 02/03/12 at 09:22:35

1. The extension is correcting/masking many 'corruption' issues.  So, save file with extension, but test in native ecco only.  May need to restart echo between tests.

2. Corruption testing relies upon timing problems in ecco database retrieval.  This is done via DDE.  On 64 bit system,  could have, in theory,  interference from other programs/system or what not.  Would run on 32 bit system to be 100% sure.   'Corrupt' means the file structure is not as expected by ecco.  Note, You may need to recover twice in order to correct some issues.

3. have you tried the extension database repair tools ?  undecided  

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
designer
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Reply #5 - 05/12/21 at 07:48:04

Hi, I am new to this forum.  
I read all these questions and fixes but cannot find anywhere to download the programs?

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #6 - 08/30/21 at 19:57:56

which programs ?

e.g., eccotools.com  

also check out http://forums.eccoMAGIC.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1193816898

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1