Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
04/25/24 at 15:33:36
News: "Breathtaking" (Check out the new MagicView release at EccoTools.com)
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
GLBSSTUB error (Popularity: 19573 )
Morgan
Contributing  Member

Howdy

Show the link to this post GLBSSTUB error
05/31/11 at 08:41:10

Haven''t been here in a long time, but have been happily using Ecco forever.  Same problem as last time...
I'm installing Ecco on Win7.  I went through all the Win7 trouble shooting options, but I get the same error message, ie,  
"GLBSSTUB", and it won't allow the install.

I was able to get the solutiion from you folks, and I'm hoping one of you recalls, or knows, what I need to do.  Once that's fixed, it works fine on Win7.

Thanks in advance!
Morgan

Email   IP Logged
Morgan
Contributing  Member

Howdy

Show the link to this post Re: GLBSSTUB access violation
Reply #1 - 05/31/11 at 18:21:53

The literal Lerror message reads "GLBSSTUB cause an access violation in ntdll.dll at 0x7711fc47."  Hope that helps.  
Thanks for any assistance.  Morgan.

Email   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: GLBSSTUB error
Reply #2 - 06/02/11 at 06:30:11

1. Traditional Info:

"Glbsstub" is created by some installers during setup and gets placed in a Temp          
folder. After setup is done, these temp files are often abandoned and not          
deleted.          

When you try to install another program, it finds the old "glbsstub" file and          
tries to use it. Even though the file name is correct, it does not contain the          
exact contents that are needed. Consequently, you get an error.          

To avoid this, delete the contents of the Temp folders before starting a new          
installation. This will clear out all the leftovers from old installations and          
make these folders ready for the new installation.          

The default Temp locations in XP are Windows\Temp Document and Settings\"logged          
on account"\Local Settings\Temp    

You will need to locate the 'virtual' location for your specific WIN7/Vista version.

You may need to adjust settings in Folder Options>View to see these folders.          
Elect to show hidden and system files and not to hide contents of system          
folders.          

Leave the Temp folders in place. Just delete the contents (any files and          
folders). If you run into a file that won't delete, don't worry about it. Leave          
it in place and work around it.          

After the Temp folders are cleaned out, try installing the program again.

2. Can also install via the pre-installed ZIP single directory install on eccotools board.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Morgan
Contributing  Member

Howdy

Show the link to this post Can't write to file; cause unknown
Reply #3 - 06/04/11 at 13:42:09

I was finally able to get Ecco up, using the Easy Install zip, the forum provided.  Seems fine, but, when I use the Tool Bar tool, or enter any data, I get the above error message.  The program has to be ended via task manager.  There's got to be a simple fix.
Any help would be appreciated.

Email   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #4 - 06/05/11 at 14:21:43

most likely issue,  you've placed ecco into WIN7 restricted directory (protected against changing any files).

try moving install to a sub directory of current location,  and if not successful,  to an alternative directory in the virtual tree entirely.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Morgan
Contributing  Member

Howdy

Reply #5 - 06/06/11 at 08:30:08

Thanks.  I'll try that, but, what is a restricted directory?  Currently it's in it's own driectory under programs.  
Morgan

Email   IP Logged
Morgan
Contributing  Member

Howdy

Reply #6 - 06/06/11 at 08:34:26

Oh.  I did get Ecco running using the forums Zip file, but as mentioned, when I enter any new data I get an error message, "Can't write to file; cause unknown".  Seems like the last hurdle.
Tice

Email   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #7 - 06/07/11 at 16:06:20

Try moving folder tree out of programs folder to another location...

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Morgan
Contributing  Member

Howdy

Reply #8 - 06/11/11 at 12:36:14

OK.  You've got my attention.  I relocated the Ecco file, 1st to a temp directory, and next to its own directory in C:\ drive.  It works fine in both.  So.. I relocated under programs again, and it still works fine.  
Why????
Thanks, and I'm really curious.
Morgan

Email   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #9 - 06/11/11 at 20:07:58

To protect you, Vista (named as Vista or as Win7) locks out program access to the program's directory tree.

Moving program off the 'official' program directory tree avoids this  helpful 'protection'.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print