Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
04/25/24 at 19:26:44
News: "Breathtaking" (Check out the new MagicView release at EccoTools.com)
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Set folder/column value = item text (Popularity: 6213 )
ScottSutherland
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Set folder/column value = item text
03/09/11 at 14:59:20

Greetings!  I tried searching for answers, but couldn't find any (or didn't recognize as an answer).  I'd be grateful for help.

NOTE:  these questions elate to OLD (native to ECCO Pro) auto assign rules.  I had to install on Windows 7 64-bit using CompuSol's ECCOPRO64 installer.  It worked fine, but my understanding is that ECCOEXT is not usable around this version.  If that's not true, please advise.

Two questions:  is there documentation available (and where) that provides the syntax (and examples, if possible) for auto assign rules?  That could help me avoid having to ask questions like the following again Smiley

Is there a way to automatically (auto-assign rule or whatever) set an existing "text" column value equal to the item text?  I want to be able to set filters based on the item text value, but filters don't work on item text (PLEASE advise if I'm mistaken on this).  So I'm looking for a way to get that text automatically into a column that I CAN filter on.  And if I could add one more thing to my wish-list on this, I'd LOVE to be able to make this happen ONLY for first-level items Smiley

Again, I appreciate your help!!

Scott

Scott Sutherland
http://DigitalProminence.com
"Because Your Digital Presence Matters" TM
Email   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: Set folder/column value = item text
Reply #1 - 03/11/11 at 08:18:38

CompuSol's 'installer' may not be stable,  

properly insalled ecco should work fine with extension in 64bit environ.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
ScottSutherland
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: Set folder/column value = item text
Reply #2 - 03/11/11 at 10:58:32

The install went fine.  Honestly, I haven't tested ECCOEXT with it, was just informed there could be issues.  Is there no "old sty;e" auto-assign rule I can use to do this?  Do I have to have ECCOEXT running to do what I'm trying to do?  

Thanks!

Scott <><

Scott Sutherland
http://DigitalProminence.com
"Because Your Digital Presence Matters" TM
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print