Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
04/24/24 at 09:56:52
News: Try magicHijack!, Hoist, Move, & Gather, is simply amazing!
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
more choices to extend popup alarms (Popularity: 9423 )
ref
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post more choices to extend popup alarms
08/06/10 at 00:26:28

I use alarms a lot and I very often extend them.  If an alarm pops up and I want to extend it, it is not possible to extend it for between 6 hours and 24 hours.  In other words, I get multiple choices to extend an alarm for less than an hour, or for 1,2,3,4,5 or 6 additional hours, but then my choices skip to 1 or more days or weeks.

What I would very much like to have is additional choices so that I could extend an alarm for 7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22, or 23 hours.  

It could look like this:

How long til next alarm?

min 5  10 15  30 45 90
hrs  1   2   3   4   5   6
      7   8    9  10  11  12
     13  14  15 16  17  18
     19  20  21  22 23  24
dys   1   2   3   4   5   6
wks  1   2   3   4   5   6

Is there any way to do this?
Thanks!

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: more choices to extend popup alarms
Reply #1 - 08/07/10 at 17:56:42

1. might also repost in Slang extension requests thread here.

2. maybe an issue with how you are using alarms.  there would be a way to get your result without using alarms.  If you'd explain your work flow,  might be able to suggest something.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
ref
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Reply #2 - 08/07/10 at 18:34:51

Thanks for your response.  As to you point #2, here is how I use alarms:  I set alarms for an item on my To Do list.  For example to call someone at a certain time or do a task at a certain time.  Sometimes when the alarm pops up I make the call or do the task then as originally intended.  However, not infrequently, when the alarm pops up  I may want to postpone the action or call to a later time.  Very often that later time is more than 6 hours away but not as much as a day away so I either have to extend it for 6 hours multiple times or go into the item to reconfigure the alarm time (and maybe date also).  Both of these methods are tedious.  It would be much better if I could extend the alarm for the number of hours that I would prefer.

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #3 - 08/07/10 at 21:11:30

Would an 'alarm quickset' tool do the job ?

eg.,  

you don't renew the alarm, but instead select the relevant item & press the quick alarm button.

You then select time frame for alarm.   At that time, alarm activates.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
ref
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Reply #4 - 08/08/10 at 00:03:32

Not sure what you mean.  Does such a thing, an alarm quickset tool, exist?  I want to minimize the number of clicks because I use a lot of alarms and extend them often.  If I want to extend an alarm using one of the choices available in the dropdown box, the extending process takes 3 clicks: open the dropdown box, choose the length of time to extend, then click to close.  If a way to extend alarms (or set new ones) could be easier than that it would be great and extremely helpful.
Thanks!

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #5 - 08/08/10 at 14:59:00

no such tool exists,  but it could.

does not should would be helpful.

you'd have to find the actual ecco item & then press or click for 'custom alarm' or something.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print