Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
03/29/24 at 06:31:39
News: Welcome to the eccoMAGIC forum.
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is the difference between EccoMagic & Eccoext? (Popularity: 5601 )
GregT
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post What is the difference between EccoMagic & Eccoext?
02/19/10 at 10:39:53

Are EccoMagic and Eccoext compatible? Complementary?  

I am a long-time ECCO user looking to get my 15+ year old file cleaned up and ready for the new decade.  But am having a bit of a challenge figuring out what the best plan forward should be.  I am running my original CD-installed ECCO, with recent eccoext extensions.  I want to split the information in my current single file into a couple of files (work-related, personal, project-related) and am a little overwhelmed by all the tools, approaches and methods written about over the last few years for how to go about doing this.

But my first question is whether there are compatibility issues that I have to worry about.  So understanding the difference between eccoext and EccoMagic is a first step.

Any insights?

Thanks,
Greg

Email   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: What is the difference between EccoMagic & Eccoext?
Reply #1 - 02/20/10 at 12:36:48

Most eccomagic tools are compatible with most versions of the slang extension (Eccoext),  even correcting in older extension version for extension bugs, etc.

Many tools make special use of slang extension features.

There are a few nice tools extending the extension.

Look at the guide for the perplexed in eccotools.com board.  

Eccomagic Classic (eccomagic.com)  allows copy & paste WITH FOLDER VALUES  for very easy movement of items between files.

hope gets you started.

also,  be sure to visit eccowiki.com for slang extension super power rules help.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print