Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
03/28/24 at 06:11:42
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Search highlight does not highlight RTF-formatted Items (Popularity: 10589 )
drjeckyl
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Search highlight does not highlight RTF-formatted Items
01/19/10 at 08:45:40

For items formatted as rtf-text,  

I find the new search highlight feature displays the search results correctly, but the searched terms are NOT highlighted.

IP Logged
slangmgh

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: Search highlight does not highlight RTF-formatted Items
Reply #1 - 01/19/10 at 21:33:45

it work correctly for me.

so give me ecco file and detail operate step to generate the issue, thanks.

Email   IP Logged
slangmgh

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: Search highlight does not highlight RTF-formatted Items
Reply #2 - 01/19/10 at 21:40:03

look this:
1.PNG  

1.PNG
Email   IP Logged
drjeckyl
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Reply #3 - 01/19/10 at 22:10:48

hmm... this is strange.  I cannot repeat the issue in ext 4.2.1.7.  Maybe I found it in an earlier version of the launcher.  I will check this later.

In the meantime, I am uploading the ecco file I created when I first detected the problem (see the Search Results tab).  The search text is "FDA" in my example, which I showed in the screenshot I uploaded in my first post.

For more information, the text I added to ecco was copied from a webpage (http://www.fda.gov/Food/LabelingNutrition/default.htm) and pasted into Ecco using the ExtendedPaste->RTF Text command.  I hope this is useful.

I will keep trying to recreate the problem.  Maybe, I missed something from the first time I noticed the problem.

IP Logged
drjeckyl
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Reply #4 - 01/19/10 at 22:11:54

Here is the file

IP Logged
drjeckyl
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Reply #5 - 01/19/10 at 22:13:08

slang, regarding your example,  did you copy/paste from a web page?  Maybe, that is the issue?

IP Logged
slangmgh

I Love Ecco!

Reply #6 - 01/20/10 at 21:25:10

the item text has a '\n' as the first character, you can move the caret to the first character, then press backspace. or use next eccopro extension version.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print