Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
03/28/24 at 17:00:54
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
  Rating
Rate:
Rating:
Rating: 8.00
Votes: 1

Extensive (150+ pages) Slang Documentation as PDF file (Popularity: 7909 )
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Extensive (150+ pages) Slang Documentation as PDF file
12/05/09 at 13:43:30

essentially a PDF version of the eccowiki  (http://eccowiki.com)

This file is licensed for use freely,  and distribution so long as no fee is charged for access and this license retained.

"as is",  no warranties,  "use at your own risk".

Copr. 2007-2009.  All Rights Reserved.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
ScottSutherland
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: Extensive (150+ pages) Slang Documentation as PDF file
Reply #1 - 02/02/10 at 19:45:07

Excellent resource!  I'm particularly excited to get started using dependencies.  I have way too many projects whose dates always change (clients change priorities).  My "To Do" view gets full of stuff I haven't done, and I find myself creating elaborate prioritization schemes which seem like good ideas at firts, but invariably end up making things worse.  The simplicity of the dependencies (and having the next items pop up in the list only when they're workable) sounds like it could be a lifesaver!

I'm particularly interested in something I read towards the end of the ECCO EXT Doc:

"I will soon create a rule to mark the goal done as soon as all the sub-tasks are done... Since I organize my actions by the context in which I can perform the action, the dependencies will remove the goal from view if thenext actionable task associated with that goal needs to be performed in another context. Pretty slick!"

Yes, it does sound pretty slick.  It also sounds like about the only way I can think of to have multiple predecessors that feed a single successor (the multiple predecessors would have to be subordinate to a higher level item which ITSELF is the item that triggers the successor when it's "done").  So I'm wondering if you've done anything with that yet Smiley

Thanks for all your hard work!!

Scott <><

Scott Sutherland
http://DigitalProminence.com
"Because Your Digital Presence Matters" TM
Email   IP Logged
YSWT
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: Extensive (150+ pages) Slang Documentation as PDF file
Reply #2 - 02/03/10 at 14:23:16

There are some nice tools with slang dependencies.  maybe in the SRules.com board,  or in the Ecco_pro forum, (search for ++:  *may* work)

ps: if you find helpful/interesting scripts or rules in the Ecco_pro search, would be helpful to add them to the SRules.com board so others can find them easier....

also,

not sure if relevant but look at the 'taskmaster' tool on eccotools.com board.    Is very simple way to auto-activate or auto-done parents when children completed,  requires no formal dependency work other than locating items in proper place in outline and marking them as next steps or joint next steps.

IP Logged
ScottSutherland
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Reply #3 - 02/03/10 at 14:28:46

Great!  I'll take a look.

Thanks!!

Scott <><

Scott Sutherland
http://DigitalProminence.com
"Because Your Digital Presence Matters" TM
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print