Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
03/29/24 at 03:02:50
News: If you outline, checkout the new outlineZOOM extension. Amazing stuff to instantly bring your ideas into focus.
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Basic how-to: Tracking two sets of tags (Popularity: 4911 )
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Basic how-to: Tracking two sets of tags
09/19/09 at 16:27:08

A very common question is how to structure ecco to 'track' information based on two different sets of criteria.

(see http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ecco_pro/message/6130  for example).

The attached .eco provides one example.

special notes:

Auto assign rules for some folders.  From "Folder" pane, right click on folder *or* highlight (select) folder and press the "Folder" button at top right of list of folders.

Sub-folder view for some columns: right click on column name header (or with selection box in that column use the "Column" function) , then "properties" and "sub folders".

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: Basic how-to: Tracking two sets of tags
Reply #1 - 09/19/09 at 16:28:48

Quote:

--- In ecco_pro@yahoogroups.com, "bfriesen_97" <pillgrimage@...> wrote:
>
> There are many ways to most things in ecco but a fairly easy way to set up would be to have a folder for each of the workshops and a folder for each of the each of the four issues. In one view you could put the folders to all the workshops and enter all the notes for each workshop under its respective folder (good idea would be to have a datestamp folder with the default * value so all your notes are dated).
> You could then have a column for each issue and as you are taking notes check the issue to which it applies.
> To look at the issues you could either set up a view for each issue or have one view with all the issue folders dragged to that view and have the columns consist of your different workshops so you can see which workshop the issue item was discussed in.
>  As I said this can be done more elegantly and in a more sophisticated way but I am not sure for this type of job its necessary to overengineer it.
> --- In ecco_pro@yahoogroups.com, barlings007 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > thanks for that, but i see now i didnt say a key thing - i want to use the file to TAKE notes, not show them. ie so i can afterward easily see what was discussed at each workshop on the four issues, and then flip to see what each workshop had to say on one issue by flipping to another view. does that make sense?
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In ecco_pro@yahoogroups.com, Don Johnson <dcsj@> wrote:
> > >
> > > barlings007 wrote:
> > > > HI
> > > >
> > > > I am running a series of 3 workshops to discuss the same 4 issues in each workshop, and want to easily flip between workshop view (ie all the issues discussed) and issues (ie what each workshop said on an issue)
> > > If I understand you correctly, you could do it this way:
> > >
> > > Use a clean ecco file for the presentation.
> > >
> > > Create a folder for each issue.
> > >
> > > Write your notes in outline format in a notepad for each issue.
> > >
> > > Create another notepad and include all four folders in that notepad.
> > >
> > > If you order your notepads in this way:
> > >
> > > Comprehensive View
> > > Issue 1
> > > Issue 2
> > > Issue 3
> > > Issue 4
> > >
> > > and have no other notepads, other than Calendar/Tickler and Phonebook
> > >
> > > then you can flip between views with Alt-3 for Comprehensive View, Alt-4 for Issue 1, Alt-5 for Issue 3, and Alt-6 for Issue 4
> > >
> > > You can use Alt-# combinations for the first nine notepads in your notepad order, Alt-1 and Alt-2 bringing up Calendar/Tickler and Phonebook by default.
> > >
> > > Does that help any? If you need clarification, ask away.
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Maranatha!
> > >
> > >  Pastor Don Johnson, Jer. 33.3

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print