Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
03/28/24 at 15:07:45
News: If you outline, checkout the new outlineZOOM extension. Amazing stuff to instantly bring your ideas into focus.
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
  Rating
Rate:
Rating:
Rating: 9.33
Votes: 3

magicLINKS :: Link & Cross-reference items and contacts, etc. (Popularity: 23423 )
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post magicLINKS :: Link & Cross-reference items and contacts, etc.
05/06/09 at 21:49:01

magicLINKS

* Cross reference and link together items.

* Link items with contacts column (slang extension required).

Smiley
« Last Edit: 04/29/10 at 20:55:52 by Admin »  

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: magicLINKS :: making connections
Reply #1 - 05/07/09 at 14:45:04

Visual Demo:

Often there are projects involving multiple people.   A column with key people & phone numbers for every project is helpful when ecco is used to build a printout and the printout is used to work the project.

However, actually linking multiple contacts to projects has been impossible,  and hence this tool.

Also incredibly useful for linking notes about calls or other actions  with other items in the file,  such as to-dos, followups,  document links, etc.

Here is a very basic example of linking phone items to projects.   (Any items can be linked to any other, even if they are not phonebook items.)

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: magicLINKS :: Link & Cross-reference items
Reply #2 - 04/28/10 at 04:03:34

Linking is also enabled with Slang Extension 'linked columns'.

You can instantly jump to the linked column value in the phonebook,  or context view.

Note that in the following example, the column heading "Contact" was set with the Slang Extension column properties "Caption" setting,  and the actual folder name is "EMLinK".    By useing "EMLinK" as a Linked item column,  this feature is activated.

Multiple contacts (or other links) can be added to a single item as multiple sub items,  each with a column link.   (Multiple column links can be jumped to at the same time,  just select them together.)

Also, you can instantly jump to all items which link to any PhoneBook item (or other linked to item).

slangLinkex1.png

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: magicLINKS :: Link & Cross-reference items
Reply #3 - 04/28/10 at 12:38:59

Here is a demo of the Slang column magic Link in action:

Here is a PDF version of same:

(Note: an alternative, more complex approach of assigning tasks to phone contacts is illustrated here.  May be helpful in different work flow situations,  illustrating on-the-fly  link list creation instead of phonebook based links.)

« Last Edit: 04/28/10 at 18:19:46 by Admin »  

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: magicLINKS :: Link & Cross-reference items and contacts, etc.
Reply #4 - 05/09/10 at 16:43:40

By right clicking any viewpad tab from phonebook view,  that view can be added to the phonebook view.

Contact references thus can be instantly accessed within a working view.

for example:

Mlinkdem5.png

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print