Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
05/02/24 at 00:53:47
News: "Breathtaking" (Check out the new MagicView release at EccoTools.com)
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Unable to complete command, due to low system resources (Popularity: 4056 )
krichards
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Unable to complete command, due to low system resources
12/10/08 at 21:50:55

I have recently re-installed Windows XP Pro on my laptop. When I install Ecco Pro, once I open even a small file, the next time I try to start ecco I get the message:

"Unable to complete command, due to low system resources".  

The only way to eliminate this problem is to uninstall Ecco and then re-install. I have had this problem before with several computers, but re-installing usually eliminated the problem. I use ecco in an office of 10 people with several shared files, some of which are very large and I often have to split them to keep ecco running, however this problem exists with even the smallest file. I have been using ecco for over 10 years, but have struggled for many of those years trying to keep it running reliably. This particular problem is extremely frustrating because it has nothing to do with the size of the file.

Any suggestions?

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: Unable to complete command, due to low system resources
Reply #1 - 12/10/08 at 23:18:18

Quote from krichards on 12/10/08 at 21:50:55:
I have recently re-installed Windows XP Pro on my laptop. When I install Ecco Pro, once I open even a small file, the next time I try to start ecco I get the message:

"Unable to complete command, due to low system resources".

The only way to eliminate this problem is to uninstall Ecco and then re-install. I have had this problem before with several computers, but re-installing usually eliminated the problem. I use ecco in an office of 10 people with several shared files, some of which are very large and I often have to split them to keep ecco running, however this problem exists with even the smallest file. I have been using ecco for over 10 years, but have struggled for many of those years trying to keep it running reliably. This particular problem is extremely frustrating because it has nothing to do with the size of the file.

Any suggestions?

1. how exactly did you reinstall ?

2. Do you know if XP set to run all 16bit apps as separate process ?

3. What ecco mail is setup (none or default ??)

4. have you tried to delete in windows direcory, your .alm,  .fdb,  and even .cfx  
(and maybe even Ecco.ini ?)

Edited:
Can you post a sample file that gives error. (so can test with EM-Advanced Diagnostics Toolkit for corruption.)

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print