Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
05/04/24 at 20:20:12
News: Try magicHijack!, Hoist, Move, & Gather, is simply amazing!
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Relationship Between MagicView and Ecco TLI/SLIs (Popularity: 4610 )
TheVisionThing
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Relationship Between MagicView and Ecco TLI/SLIs
11/29/08 at 13:38:26

I've just started playing around with MagicView but I'm confused as to the relationship between it and Ecco TLI/SLIs.  I  initially assumed that each MagicView screen was associated with a TLI in Ecco, such that if I had my name selected in the Phonebook and entered some notes into the MagicView screen, those notes would then be associated with that phonebook TLI.  But is that true or can MagicView notes exist independently of any TLI? I noted that selecting another TLI in Ecco doesn't change the MagicView screen.

Regards.Wayne C.

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: Relationship Between MagicView and Ecco TLI/SLIs
Reply #1 - 11/29/08 at 16:45:51

Quote from TheVisionThing on 11/29/08 at 13:38:26:
I've just started playing around with MagicView but I'm confused as to the relationship between it and Ecco TLI/SLIs. I initially assumed that each MagicView screen was associated with a TLI in Ecco, such that if I had my name selected in the Phonebook and entered some notes into the MagicView screen, those notes would then be associated with that phonebook TLI. But is that true or can MagicView notes exist independently of any TLI? I noted that selecting another TLI in Ecco doesn't change the MagicView screen.

Regards.Wayne C.

Wayne,

1. each MagicView page is attached to *some* TLI or SLI.  (Normally,  there will be only one MV page attached to an item).

2. If your name is selected (vs. sub item of your name),  the magicView notes will be saved [IF THEY ARE SAVED!] attached to your name.

3. If you want the MV screen to automatically change when you select different items,  use the QuickView mode (Winkey + Q from either Ecco or MV).

One of the cool things about MV is that you can be viewing the MV page of one item,  while looking at and working on other items.  (ie. auto load is not necessarily most desired).    You can also move around viewed MV independently of moving around your ecco file(s).    Use the F5 feature for that.

make sure you've got the latest MV version v2.12 or higher,  and study the < > button instructions.

basically,  left click on < or > moves you up and down in your active ecco outline,  like prev and next in the ecco built in form edit tool.

ALT + left click  moves you back or forward in MV history  (as does Alt + < and Alt + >).

Control + left click moves you back & forward within MultiView frames.

RIGHT CLICK on the <  will save the MV page ** at the ACTIVE ecco item.

Right SHIFT click will save at the  original item MV page is attached to.

Right click on > does the opposite,   will LOAD the MV page from the current ecco item.

Shift right Click reloads the page from the item it is attached to.

(Control <  sends the MV page to next closest MV window (if MV multisession), and control click on > button does the opposite,  grabs the page if in another MV session).

hope is clear enough to be helpful.

Edited:

For the instruction manual,  make MV a decent size (for example Winkey + Shift + M  or drag to resize)  and then presss F1 for help.  (Press F1 again to exit help when desired).

You can click on the Index button for an outline of the help,   and click to jump to anywhere.  (Ctrl+F to search).

The instructions still need a lot of work,  both in style and still some completion as to functions, etc.,   but the bulk of the power should be accessible by reading the instructions and just looking at the options in the menus.

the FILE menu is the main menu for loading/saving pages.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: Relationship Between MagicView and Ecco TLI/SLIs
Reply #2 - 01/22/09 at 10:25:51

The command you want is Winkey + Q  the 'QuickView' mode.

This links the MV display to the active/selected ecco item(s).

There is an auto-save option to auto-save changes,  otherwise you will be prompted to save any changes.

ps:  Make sure your MV version is at least 3.5

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print