Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
03/28/24 at 16:30:07
News: The Yahoo New Yahoo! Ecco_Pro forum was ended by Yahoo's end of board support... New group is at groups.io
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
  Rating
Rate:
Rating:
Rating: 8.00
Votes: 1

MultiEcco Enabler (Popularity: 9986 )
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post MultiEcco Enabler
11/09/08 at 06:41:56

I personally use more than one open ecco session.  I rely heavily on Ecco for many things,  and having separate open files works best for me.

Most all eccomagic tools are designed to work with multiple ecco sessions,   but the sessons need to be set up properly.

This tool enables that.

This is sort of an 'advanced' kind of thing to do.   The purpose of this tool is to allow those who use multi-sessions (or want to)  to use EccoMagic tools and add-ons with all the open sessions.

If you use the slang extension for multi-sessions,  this tool is all you need.

If you don't currently use multi sessions, and want to,   you'll need a little more- and  that is FREE for anyone who owns a registered EccoMagic product.   Just send a note requesting.

Instructions:

DO THIS FOR *EACH* ADDITIONAL SESSION YOU WANT, WITH A *DIFFERENT* FILE NAME FOR EACH SESSION.

copy your ecco32.exe file and RENAME the file eccX32.exe.

you can subsitute A-D,F-Z for the X.   Eg.,  "EccA32.exe" ,  "EccB32.exe"  etc.

for use with the slang extension, rename the file eccX32S.exe.   Ie.  add an S after the 32.

now run the tool and indicate the file you've created,  Eg.  "EccA32S.exe"

(if you're not using slang for multi-session, don't add the "S" !).

do this once for EACH SESSION you'll want,  using a sequential name, eg.  "EccA32S.exe"  then EccB32S.exe, etc.

each additional file is a copy of ecco32.exe.   (Don't just rename the same file over and over!!  you need DIFFERENT files,  one for each ADDITIONAL session.).

ONCE *DONE*,  rename the SLANG names by removing the added "S".

eg.,  "eccA32s.exe" becomes  eccA32.exe

if using slang,  for EACH file,  create a new slang shortcut with the command:
eccoext.exe -n eccX32.exe

each shortcut should reference a distinct EccX32.exe name.

if you're using the EccoMagic multiSession tool,  you don't need shortcuts.

How to use EccoMagic multisessions:

each session has a separate alarm file.   The reason is so that a file opened more than one place won't create multiple alarms.

My own use is to delete periodically the additional .alm files (eg. EccX.alm)   found in the windows main directory.

I also choose NOT to activate alarms for each file opened in an extra session.

Instead,  I daily or periodically open each file in the main ecco,  to 'import' automatically any alarms.

for the beginner this may seem awful confusing....  

1) Alarms

Ecco keeps a copy of EVERY FILE'S alarms in a single file,  ecco.alm  located in the windows root directory.  (elsewhere if slang extension USB mode enabled).

the problem in using multiEcco sessions is that when an alarm is posted,   it is posted in *EVERY* open ecco session.   This gets more than a little annoying...

so,  we give each file its own .alm file  and limit which files' alarms are attached to which ecco session.  NOTE:  alarms will only ring if the session they are attached to is open.

2) Talking to ecco files

Most/many of the tools 'talk' to the ecco file as part of their function.   So,  we need to give each file it's own identity -- so we can know which file we are talking to at any particular time!

Some tools automatically adjust to multi-sessions,  and some tools will 'attach' only to the session currently active when the tool is started.  If you have registered any tool, and need it to work in multi-sessions, and it does not... just send a note and will help you solve/provide 'activate' key for additional sessions.

« Last Edit: 12/06/11 at 07:52:14 by Admin »  

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print