Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
04/24/24 at 00:23:32
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copy-Past does not trigger new rules? (Popularity: 4912 )
JohnSmith
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Copy-Past does not trigger new rules?
10/23/08 at 09:01:48

When an item is created by copy-past it does not trigger new auto-assign rules?

Created new file from new defalt.ect, created two folders A and B, notepad A with column B, put a rule ++:!::[A] in folder B

It I type new Item in folder A it appears also in folder B.
If I copy this Item (Ctr+C) and just past (Ctr+V) new item appears in A and B, but
If I copy any text (from anywhere), put cursor into a new line and then past, new item appears in A and not in B.

Eccoext 4.0.0.1 on XP
File <testcopypast.eco> enclosed

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: Copy-Past does not trigger new rules?
Reply #1 - 10/23/08 at 10:28:34

Quote from JohnSmith on 10/23/08 at 09:01:48:

It I type new Item in folder A it appears also in folder B.
If I copy this Item (Ctr+C) and just past (Ctr+V) new item appears in A and B, but
If I copy any text (from anywhere), put cursor into a new line and then past, new item appears in A and not in B.

Eccoext 4.0.0.1 on XP
File <testcopypast.eco> enclosed

This isn't actually the  bug it seems,   here's the explanation:

your rule is an AUTO trigger rule.  You look to folder so rule only ! updates when FOLDER changes.

Ctrl + V makes a new item and assigns to the A folder (if pasted in A)  so have a folder event.

paste in a 'blank line'  is TEXT CHANGE to an item already in that folder.  (although a blank item!).

the blank lines are items,  just totally blank ones.

you can create your own by inserting a line and then manually removing the folder assignment.

anyhow...

if you change your trigger to include changes to text.. eg. "!N"  or !NMFI    (i think but stand to be corrected)...   you should do fine, except...

paste of text into' blank bottom item this way not register as a mod to item... cool!  (hitting space at end of paste, of course resolves issue..)    

but still way cool qwerk you've uncovered!

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print