Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
04/25/24 at 18:27:11
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Solution for 'Sub Folder of sub folder of "Category" that contain item'? (Popularity: 3809 )
Lexje
Contributing  Member

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Solution for 'Sub Folder of sub folder of "Category" that contain item'?
07/18/08 at 07:27:55

Hi forum,

I regularly use a column's sub folders as categories.  
It is obvious that categories vary according to subject or group.
Having only one column with ALL categories will result in a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG list of categories.

Is there any solution or workaround to use sub folders of subfolders as categories, as it were different level categories?
|-Folder
  |_sub folder
  | |_sub folder / category 1
  | |_sub folder / category 2
  |_sub folder
  | |_sub folder / category a
  | |_sub folder / category b
  |_sub folder

I'm also looking for a solution to use these categories as TAGS, at best to be able to export / import / sync these to e.g. PALM soft such as Shadow Plan. (I do realize that Will Sargent did something of the kind - here: http://tersesystems.com/code/?overview=shadow

Looking forward to your feedback!

Email   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: Solution for 'Sub Folder of sub folder of "Category" that contain item'?
Reply #1 - 07/19/08 at 16:41:47

right click on column header and selecting "Properties" turns column into "subfolder" displayer.

no ecco 'sub-sub' displayer options.

possible suggests:

1. you can have multiple columns,   have a 'sub' folder as each column, and display the 'subfolders' of those.

2. you can have just single level of sub folders and use standard prefix for different 'sub-sub' folders.   Eg.  

1: sub a
1: sub b
1: sub c
2: sub a
2: sub b
2: sub c

etc.

using ALT+ first letter of folder name  'jumps' in the columns pulldown box.

slang extension allows very large pulldown box size.  (options>Misc.)

3. use the folder pane to enter folder data.   Left click on box next to folder name allows entry (including for multi-selected folders),  as does drag & drop on any folder(s).

ps: more complex way to do this, uses  'ghosted' folders as single level subs of different folder.   Ie. using slang extension sub folders  OF SINGLE FOLDER,  auto-set if folder (sub-sub-folder of another folder) is set.   This way can have single column to display settings.)

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print