Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
04/23/24 at 04:43:09
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How can I send out pre-addressed emails & faxes with magicMerge ? (Popularity: 133714 )
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post How can I send out pre-addressed emails & faxes with magicMerge ?
06/27/08 at 11:33:00

Quote:
I'd like to send out emails and faxes; it calls up my email software but then expects me to fill in each email.

To send out emails make sure:

1. your email program is configured to allow use for automated emails.   To prevent 'spam' many systems have this option turned off.

2. MagicMerge uses Word's built in email functions.    Ie.  If you test with a normal Word merge to email and it works,  it WILL work with MagicMerge.

3. Make sure you have properly selected the FOLDER that is supposed to contain the 'send to' email address.    You can select this folder manually (Right Click on Tray Icon > Advanced Email Options > Recipient Options),  or it will be assigned to the FIRST FOLDER USED IN YOUR TEMPLATE WITH INCLUDING THE LETTERS "EMAIL"  or "E-MAIL".  You can have an explicit merge field TO: {mergefield E_MAIL}   ,   or,  a hidden field such as { IF 1 = 2 "{mergefield E_MAIL}"}.   (see tool's instructions-- right click tray icon and select "Magic Merge for Word".

To send Faxes:

1. You use a service such as www.metrohispeed.com  to use email merges to be sent to faxes directly.   Essentially you send to the desired fax number @your_email_2_fax_provider.    This allows you to use one 'Email To' folder to send your merged letters to everyone with an email or a fax.   If they have no email,  your ecco folder Email To lists their (email2fax) email address.    

2. MagicMerge (v1.29 and above) has been coded to include fully automated fax merging (Winkey + Shift + Click on tray icon).   HOWEVER,  this will only work on your system if you can do the same directly from Word Merge just the same.   If you can't get Word to merge to fax (without MagicMerge),  you won't get it to merge to fax with it.

hope helps!

Smiley

« Last Edit: 06/28/08 at 22:45:42 by Admin »  

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print