Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
04/19/24 at 08:49:41
News: Try magicHijack!, Hoist, Move, & Gather, is simply amazing!
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How do I get the slang extension? (Popularity: 7367 )
JMerrill
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post How do I get the slang extension?
06/10/08 at 12:19:09

Sorry if this is obvious had I looked in the right place, but ...

I see things that require "the slang extension" but don't see how to get it.  Can someone help?

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: How do I get the slang extension?
Reply #1 - 06/10/08 at 14:26:38

I love it,  it's amazingly cool,  but...

"Use at your own risk!"

you'll find it in the FILE SECTION of the Ecco_Pro forums.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ecco_pro/files/eccoext4.0.0.1.rar   for what is today current version.  (w/ next version post,  this link will change..!)

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ecco_pro/files/    for file section generally.

http://EccoWiki.com   also higly recommended for Slang extension instructions,  etc.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
JMerrill
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Reply #2 - 06/10/08 at 15:21:37

Thank you.  I stumbled for more than a little while because I was told repeatedly that I'm not a member of the ecco_pro group -- I did not realize that such a group existed; I have been a member of the older eccopro group and didn't know that there were both of them.

Do you know the reason for there being two groups?  Is the ecco_pro group more for "geeks" rather than people who are just trying to get the job done?

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #3 - 06/10/08 at 17:12:27

Short Answer:

The original "Ecco Pro"  group was THE group,  but was abandoned by the moderator.

There was no protection against anyone who wanted to joining,  and  HUNDREDS of spam bots and email harvesting bots joined the group.

A group of members got together and opened a replacement "Ecco_Pro".

The owner of a site which charges $10.00 for copies of outdated ecco add-ons (that he did not write, and does not own any rights to),   was able to take over the old site.

To make the old site seem legit (or for whatever purpose you can imagine),   the new ownership which controls the old "Ecco Pro" site  does not want the true number of members to show.   The number that now shows (ie. not true number) is impressive,  over 3,000 !

But that means keeping the email harvesting bots that lurk in the forum and harvest for spam and criminal purposes (more than one criminal email has been confirmed from email harvester in that group).  Ie. could instantly dump the email harvesting bots from the old group,  but that would reveal the true number of members.

The "Ecco Pro" group deleted the link to the new group,  most/many messages about it,  and actively censors various topics, etc.

You'll notice sometimes a post gets thru in the old group complaining about the mysterious disappearance of earlier posts.  Also there is all kinds of mis and dis-information spread about ecco now on the old site.  

apparently there are still hundreds of newcomers who pay $10 to the associated pay-to-join site.  (Which is cool if there was *anything* there that was worth $10).

The members in the old group are not who they may appear to be (a HUGE problem with 'spoofing' in old group,  eg. forum owner "Tom Hoots"  [the real Tom actually *was* forum owner originally]  is pretty much been confirmed as a fraud/impostor, etc.)

Those who took over the old list have tried very hard to recast the situation as some kind of personality dispute between members,  or to try to justify that the new list is for geeks or whatever.

Note that not all is black with the old list.   Pastor Don (who is one of the original moderators of the new list-- and one of the key moderators of the new list today)  is also now helping moderate the old list,  and will answer questions on whichever list it is asked.

and,

that's about it.

ps:  as suggested in the links thread of this & the ecco_pro forum,  if you post in the old "ecco pro" list,  be sure to HIDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS & be careful not to disclose any personal info.

« Last Edit: 06/11/08 at 01:13:20 by Admin »  

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print