Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
03/28/24 at 07:36:06
News: Welcome to the eccoMAGIC forum.
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
EM RSS Blog (notices, updates, etc..) (Popularity: 133154 )
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: EM RSS Blog (notices, updates, etc..)
Reply #20 - 10/15/08 at 14:30:20

Smiley Nice stuff to report on MV,  added ability to 'clone' existing color schemes (font color/highlight color)  to make going back to marked-up pages for 're-marking' super easy.

Added 'tear-off' background option,  super easy to add background image (from disk or web) directly to pages.

Added copy to subitem... VERY NICE....  allows clipping key text of large page to sub item,  so when browsing items,  have quick and easy summary of what is clipped.

odds and ends fixes of plumbing... etc...

MagicViewP3.png

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #21 - 10/19/08 at 18:04:25

Smiley MV is looking close to 'production' ready.

have uploaded updated beta (old link),

includes latest clipping & localization engine (MAJOR improvements),

activated advanced formatting features (columns, margins, line spacing, etc.)

activated advanced features/options,  (eg., drag & drop images, option to ground local image files, etc.).

Only a handful of significant features not activated (still in testing/stressing/debugging stage for them),
Also, additional files such as ecco integration/activation tools (eg., launching directly saved urls,  double clip activation ,etc.,), not yet included as dist. pack.

also need some 'video' of how to use, etc...

but,

amazingly nice to clip,  index & highlight (as we read) what is important and save into easily organized ecco OUTLINE.

incredibly easy gath & report.  Eg.,  gather info from all over (web, pdfs, docs, excel sheets, text files, etc.)  keep folder (or pulldown) based categories for each clip (or set of clips).  Then,  simple search by category (or even opening view & filtering),  mark all items and with a single key pull  assembled report ready for copy/drag&drop/export to html file.    

it's SO NICE, to be able to review (webpage, doc, excel, etc.)  and to MARK INSTANTLY those sections of interest (instant indexing/bookmarks),  highlight the key info (even quickly organize in outline struct.)  and save in organized (ecco) outline structure.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #22 - 10/22/08 at 07:04:32

OK!

Hopefully it's looking good.   Still in pre-release, MagicView now "official".  Smiley

Activated most of remaining features, hopefully fixed most of major issues.

Added some examples to MagicView home thread on  EccoTools.com board,  hopefully showing some of the amazing things MV is doing.

Note:  much internal 'safety' logic.   If MV ever hangs,   leave it alone and come back in 1/2 hour.   Built in timeout control and stack reverse pulldowns should save pretty much all crashes... but since a buggy loop might do millions of ops before timeout triggered,  stepping back can take some time... (but at least data is not lost!).   In my own debugging have not been able to crash the tool,  but *have* been able to get it trigger internal safety and take 20 min or so to come back to life.

Please send me any bug reports or suggests, or comments...

hope you like using this tool-- I SURE DO!

(although it did take some getting used to at first... especially where it radically changes workflow with ecco.)

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #23 - 11/04/08 at 14:57:41

*Major* revisions/fixes with MagicView pre-release.

If you've downloaded prior version... scrap it,  and download latest,  

fixes latent issues with data integrity, and is way way way cooler!

(is also faster, etc. etc.)

have activated most all features in release,  including direct screen clip to MagicView page (it's pretty cool).

help manual is still work in progress,  but working through what is already done should introduce what the heck the tool is/can do, etc..

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #24 - 11/20/08 at 20:08:51

Inspired by RB's suggestion,  added Tracking feature to MagicMerge.

Now allows tracking of emails/merges/faxes.   (be sure to see instructions--> must both activate feature via options menu *and* have folder "MagicMerge Tracking" (no quotes) in each file you want tracking activated for.)

Tracking is up to the minute and uses up NO file memory pointers,  even if tracking thousands of items merged thousands of times (CF., if added line for each merge,  20 merges to 3,000 customers would exceed file limits).

Allows viewing all items included in any particular merge.   Kind of cool.

oh, ps:  should also properly trigger LUA (slang) rules for each merged item.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
rb

I Love Ecco!

Reply #25 - 11/21/08 at 04:21:35

Great!
However, I can not get LUA Script to trigger...  cry

Here is the script:
++:L:
-- Create a variable, "FolderName", that contains the name of the MM created Folder:  
ampm=string.lower(string.sub(os.date("%p"),1,1))
if string.sub(os.date("%I"),1,1)=="0" then
hour=string.sub(os.date("%I"),2,2)
else  
hour=os.date("%I")
end
FolderName=os.date("Merged %b %d, %Y "..hour..":%M"..ampm)

-- Check if the merged item belongs to the new Folder. If so, create a subitem for the item:
Checked=get_folder_value(FolderName, item_id)
if Checked=="1" then
create_sub_item(item_id, "Sent E-mail Reminder")
end

You made the Folder names a bit hard to recreate, but the final variable "FolderName" contains the name of the folder created by MagicMerge (based on the time it was created). The script next checks to see if the items are associated with the folder. If they are, a subitem is created with the text "Sent E-mail Reminder".

Unfortunately, none of the merged items gets the subitem text. Thus, the rule is not triggered.

The rule works fine in a test:
Do a MagicMerge, and then quickly (before clock changes) manually add another item to the folder. In this case, only the manually added item gets the new subitem.  

p.s. The rule above assumes that the items are added one-by-one so that each affected item_id triggers the rule in turn.

« Last Edit: 11/21/08 at 21:46:49 by rb »  
  IP Logged
rb

I Love Ecco!

Reply #26 - 11/21/08 at 21:45:43

I also created a MUCH simpler rule, just for testing:

++:L:
create_sub_item(item_id, "GENERAL")

However, it is also not triggered after MM. However, when I add a folder value for an item manually, it works (subitem "GENERAL" is created).

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #27 - 11/22/08 at 16:23:17

ok,

see issue.

Recoded base interface between MM and ecco.   Will properly trigger LUA rules.  Also fixes other misc. issues,  such as single item selection merges,  and  very large # of item merges.

new core has not been extensively tested,  but looks good so far.

MagicMerge Tracking updated to track also the FILE from which the item was merged.   Kind of cool...

Tool does a lot and some amazing stuff.

Anyone not yet playing with it... TAKE A LOOK.  (it even allows merges to include item text, item ID#, etc. etc.).

ps@rr:

Folder name "Merged" for merges,  "E-Mailed" for emails, and "Faxed" for faxed.

also,  you can alternatively get ALL folders for item,  and compare folder names to find merged.

but,

ADDING AN ITEM FOR EACH MERGE IS NOT GREAT IDEA.

if you merge just 100 items, 100 times over a year,  you've just cost yourself 10000 (our of 60000) items used to track merges.  

Using a non-text FOLDER to track the merge uses up essentially NO global pointers.  You can send 1000s of merges to 1000s of items (ie. MILLIONS of notations) and not use up basically *any* file limit space.

just a suggest.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
rb

I Love Ecco!

Reply #28 - 11/22/08 at 17:38:00

Quote from Admin on 11/22/08 at 16:23:17:

ADDING AN ITEM FOR EACH MERGE IS NOT GREAT IDEA.

Absolutely essential in my case. Each Item will have 1-2 merges/year (and only 10-100 items).

I will try try the new version as soon as it posted. When will it be posted and where? The tools section post was updated 2 days ago (11/20), so I guess it still the old version. BTW, may help to rename when new version is uploaded (version # or date).

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #29 - 11/22/08 at 19:05:48

Usually,  if post about new version shows up here,

version has been updated on web.

The time listed in the EccoTools.com board for posts is the *original* posting.  

Current vers 1.33B.

(Download from tools board).

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #30 - 11/22/08 at 19:18:16

MagicMerge/Office 2003 conversion dialog thread moved to its own thread over Here

« Last Edit: 11/30/08 at 13:07:55 by Admin »  

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #31 - 12/02/08 at 18:37:53

1. Major MV coding updates/fixes, (including  *very* fine tracking across multiple ecco files,  even multiple ecco sessions; new layer of safety on accidental page close,  history works across ecco sessions, refinement of where child items are saved under,  integration of .pdf, .djvu and other 'object' files.  [works great,  likely in future will refine/upgrade]. and more..)

for ex,  you can now drag one (or more) .pdf file to MV to save the file as a MV page.  (you can  even 'ground' the page to include file automatically in the ecco file's .web directory).

if you've yet to play with/ take the time to figure out MagicView,    well worth the download.

(if you're already using MV,  UPGRADE!).

2. Since Ecco Outline is base for MV,  as expected there is entire world of difference in organization, tagging, and getting to saved info as compared with netsnippets and even MyBase.    What has surprised  is that for many clips (especially small to mid size text < 28k)  MagicView is faster,  even much faster than MyBase.  

Super easy to use,   simple hotkey and *presto*  clip saved to webmagic folder,  tagged with source location & {if dating activated in file} date or date & time clip was made.

allows easy review later,  one at a time -- or even in bulk--- with easy markup & commenting, etc.

kind of cool.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #32 - 12/06/08 at 20:13:15

Just to share some MagicView news:

(still in testing, these features not yet released for download).

new super cool MV powers:

1. Clip directly to WebMagic folder of any selected file-- even if another file is active in Ecco at time of clip.

2. INTERNAL sidebar option.    Basically,   MV can appear INSIDE ECCO.   As 2nd pane of single pane views,  or OVER 2nd or 3rd pane of multi-view views.  ( Sample screen shot attached!)

3. Seamless AES ENCRYPTION option. (Not avail on Win 2000).   (which is way cooler than it sounds...   keep your private notes private-- just don't lose your password!)

MV_inside_Ecco2.PNG

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #33 - 12/21/08 at 03:40:10

hopefully, have released close to complete MagicView feature set:

* Hotkey Clip directly from anywhere directly into MagicView

* Hotkey Clip directly from web browsers into Ecco

* Clip screen shots directly into MagicView or Ecco

* Cut from anywhere, and Paste into MagicView

* Drag & Drop into MagicView from:

o Sections of Web pages

o Entire HTML or TXT files

o Photos

o Program and data files to create links

o Selections from thousands of supported program
with MagicView you can comfortably save over 1G
of over 30,000 text clips per ecco file... (8 meg per clip max); and
an UNLIMITED amount of graphics clips which integrate
directly/seamlessly into ecco/MagicView.

Version 3 has some totally new (and pretty cool) features, including:

* Fast. (4x faster on large pages than previous versions. Faster
even than NetSnippets, and MyBase. If is too fast [ie. doesn't loadright, or misses load, etc.] on your system, please report!).

* Share viewpages between multiple! Ecco items. (It's cool).

* In addition to clipping web pages, notes, screen shots, e-mail, word
docs, etc., can now also drag & drop PDF and DJVU files to create a
link to the files (on disk elsewhere or localized) and have them AUTO
VIEW just like other magicview pages.

* AES 192/256 bit encryption option

* Easy to insert LINKS between MV pages. (cool). ( Alt < to go back.)

* In addition to directly clipping to active ecco item, can clip
directly to ecco 'Web Magic' folder for later sorting-- and can clip
to selected file *even if other files are active/open*. (WindowsKey +
Alt + G from within Ecco).

* Option (if you choose) to store view pages (encrypted or not) on
your disk instead of inside Ecco.

* Work INSIDE ecco much easier. Sits IN Ecco really nice. (Winkey +
Control + Z) On-the-fly resize ( F6 / shift F6 / Alt F6 instant
resize/ left-right pane movement). easy back&forth with ecco
Control+F11, Option to exclude from specific tab#'s, option to turn
a tab into full page magicView, etc. (it's pretty cool).

for 47 page manual see this.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #34 - 12/22/08 at 18:13:10

Just a heads-up on update to MagicView,

SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS and speed improvements.    Some documentation update & addition as well.

Very much recommend download of this update.    If faster,  resolves old vers. Opera compatibility bug,  and most important, catches structure errors that would otherwise lead to data loss during .web folder compression.

for anyone reading this who hasn't played with MV ver 3,  it's pretty cool.

Edited:
oh,  and adds load pagview from highlighted url (in basically any program),  and load full page from cilp capture option.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #35 - 12/25/08 at 17:07:04

have posted 70 page manual for EM-XP (date expressions)  at http://xp.eccomagic.com/ .

also:

* tiny updates to EM-MV... wow it's looking (& working) NICE!

* added Ctrl+Alt  recurring date fix   to EM-XP (selection & any children of selection)  for the special cases that can't use slang,  allowing much easier repeating date fix.  (Can do daily bulk, etc.).   If not using slang,  this is for sure the next best thing.   Also additions to (hopefully) make XP work better with multiple ecco sessions.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #36 - 01/05/09 at 20:59:55

In case you missed it,  nice little tool "HotDog" posted.

also,  am REALLY excited about MagicView....

It's really working great....

Winkey+F12 'global clip' menu works amazing.

after much testing,  have activated quickview across file and ecco session changes.  (ie. you can turn on quickview and get 'auto/realtime updates' of the magicview pageview.

recommend using the Alternative quickview (QV) connection (File > Folder Options),   does not 'ship' that way because does not work well with that connection method on *some* (very small %) of systems...

will shortly add more MV tutorial/demos...  for now,  is one posted at Ecco_Pro forum file section on Yahoo!.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #37 - 01/14/09 at 19:22:06

MagicView v3.5 now available for download.

fixes many, many, many, small and large issues,  and adds some new cool powers.  (Block math, etc.).

Enabled Compression for cross-file shared .web folders & instructions include a how-to on that.

Not sure Like the model of having data shared between two different files,  but,  is *very* cool to use.   For those who dreamed of way to share data between multiple ecco files... well... you'll likely very much enjoy.

QuickView changed (based on much feedback)  from file based to session based-- if you switch files the quickview pane updates as you move thru items.

top/bottom pane control activated,  allows clean use of two MV panes in single ecco.   (one can be set on alternative folder/manual mode,  allowing two (one 'secret') viewpages per item viewed at same time (not that this is something anyone  would use,  but might be cool).

speed improvements, integration improvements w/ ecco...    many small glitches fixed.

Winkey + F12 copy menu working great,

mouse only access to copy menu added to viewpage normal sessions,

fixes for working with multi-files and multi-eccos,   it's looking NICE.

feedback welcome.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #38 - 01/26/09 at 13:26:21

lots of cool stuff coming (time permitting),   including an *amazing* tool for multi-file users...

for those following the RSS feed,   if you use EM-MR,  v1.8 released.   Includes alternative mode,  is faster in reporting,  has updated danger reporting.   Works smoothly with multi-ecco sessions.   Default mode likely most smooth for most systems.  Can collapse to tray and just let it warn you on danger situation.

MV release should be 3.6.   (if you don't have that,  well worth update.  Lots of stuff, including PRIVATE NOTES).

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #39 - 02/05/09 at 12:48:26

updated magicMERGE w/ some small bug fixes.   You don't have to delete the ini file to get short dates to work anymore, and messed up selections shouldn't result in messed up merge messages....

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print