Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
03/28/24 at 14:43:34
News: If you outline, checkout the new outlineZOOM extension. Amazing stuff to instantly bring your ideas into focus.
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
EM RSS Blog (notices, updates, etc..) (Popularity: 133160 )
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post EM RSS Blog (notices, updates, etc..)
05/18/08 at 23:41:40

@All who watch the EccoMagic RSS Feed,

sometimes  (ok, once in a while)  there are cool (sometimes even major) developments/updates/mods  that don't show up on the feed because no new thread was opened or new post posted.

This thread is intended to fix that.    

An in-forum 'blog' that will key you in to the occasional cool insights/updates that would otherwise not likely get noticed.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: Screen II Ecco Update
Reply #1 - 05/19/08 at 05:28:24

Screen II Ecco (Freeware) has been updated,

adding new features such as expanding/minimizing one (or multiple) images.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: EM RSS Blog (notices, updates, etc..)
Reply #2 - 05/26/08 at 18:15:20

Just to note,

Updated eccomagic-create-workgroups-from-ecco (Freeware) tool.  (Relevant for those who need to create or manage an eccoworkgroup,  but can't).  

Updated EccoMagic-XP  ( http://more.eccomagic.com )  If you haven't seen it,  CHECK IT OUT!   it does some amazingly cool stuff,  Large and small....

ps: if you know anyone who still calculates calendar days by hand  (eg. counting the 45th day, etc. etc,)  tell them about this tool!   It's worth using ecco  JUST FOR THIS FEATURE!

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #3 - 05/26/08 at 18:55:06

EccoMagic memory reporter (Freeware)  updated.  If you haven't tried the tool  TRY IT!   If you use it and haven't been seeing the actual  "free memory report"  (ie. how much exact FREE memory),   try it now!.  Smiley

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #4 - 06/02/08 at 09:05:35

Nothing major,  but added some 'template' color scheme options you can select via membership "Options".

"Default" theme is currently a 'Miami" theme,

if you'd like a personal theme,   within reason just let me know your color suggestions....

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #5 - 06/04/08 at 19:02:02

Enhanced version of MagicMerge tool now available.

we still need a tutorial on this *VERY* cool tool-- it allows for some amazing results,

but,  suffice to say,

tool allows instant & incredibly powerful merging w/ MS Word.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #6 - 06/08/08 at 21:14:08

Small mods to MagicMerge.

MagicMerge demo file added.

It's pretty cool!

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #7 - 06/11/08 at 08:12:57

More enhancements to MagicMerge tool.   (1) File drag & browse will not start new merge directly,  wait for "MERGE" button push to allow for setting other options if desired before merge.  (2) more advanced "shift" click options,  such such as shift-MERGE execution to keep merge dialog open for multi-merging.  (3) activated advanced email option to allow manual override of email to selection folder at merge time.  (4) other misc. enhancements, etc.

updated demos & tutorials,  hopefully helpful as intro both for new to merge concept and advanced mergers.

It's pretty cool!

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #8 - 06/13/08 at 07:59:37

sort of major internal upgrades and fixes to following tools.   Solves most known bugs and issues for the tools & includes current advanced features:

Magic Merge tool

magicHijack! tool

Screen II Ecco  tool

EM 2 Monitor Fix tool

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #9 - 06/14/08 at 18:51:38

kind of nice update to magicHijack!.

If anyone hasn't tried the tool (including Hijack, and Gather, the features of the tool-- see doc).    

Well worth the visit!

Update includes new thumbtack/sendTo feature, and even smoother Hijack!

« Last Edit: 06/14/08 at 21:45:02 by Admin »  

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #10 - 06/18/08 at 09:57:34

More update to MagicHijack!

some nice subtle additions,  very cool hijack/unhijack  even in 'tricky' circumstances.   Multi-item hijack,  unhijack very smooth now even across files/sessions.    Some very cool internal code that makes use of tool smoother, and more 'perfect',  especially in 'problem' circumstances (coding wise).    

nerdy comments:

The 'smoother hijack'  wasn't being so smooth in some situations.  Now it is!  

Problem was/is  can't seem to find a way to get Ecco to jump focus to a particular item.  As far as current State of Art,  we can't do that... but now... although we can't get ecco to jump.. it turns out we can get ecco  to SLIDE...   anyhow..

Incorporates some cool new insights and innovations in working around what were internal limitations ecco was throwing at use of tool in certain circumstances.    You should be able to now hijack an item,   work with that item in hijack mode,  close file,  work on other things, even close down system and reboot,  and when you reopen file and dehijack,  should work perfect.  (always would dehijack you,  but if session closed, etc.,  was unable to dehijack elegantly..).  Same for hijack/dehijack on multi-files at same time.  Each should work great.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #11 - 06/21/08 at 18:26:48

New version of  EM Slang RTF Outline Copier  (FREEWARE).

Tool Copies selected items as RTF OUTLINE.  Including RETAINING FONTS AND FORMATTING.

Ver 2.00 adds nice (even very nice spacing!)

also fix of bothersome problem with underlining.  Now underline should work great everywhere when pasted as RTF.

if not obvious,  

Requires Slang extension.

ps: if you've used vers 1.  well worth the upgrade cost to vers 2.  

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #12 - 08/08/08 at 10:51:17

Wow we are popular with the dedicted russian spam for fun and profit community!  undecided

working on some internal mods to let them know politely that prefer they post in more appropriate forums...

ps:  Work on project EMV is looking GREAT!  *Every* alpha tester voted "WOW!" after week of use. (this is the most positive response ever received by tool.  Although magicHijack!  and Merge! got extremely high response also).   (Although about 25% of EMV alphas only voted "ok"  after initial day of test).

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Alec_Burgess
EccoMagic Apprentice

We all Love Ecco!

Reply #13 - 08/13/08 at 01:45:16

Quote from Admin on 08/08/08 at 10:51:17:

Wow we are popular with the dedicted russian spam for fun and profit community!  undecided

So that's why I was unable to obtain "Car Manual Online Repair ... on a board I am watching"  Grin

Sorry for the late post ... I was away on vacation for a week and am just catching up.

Regards ... Alec
Email   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #14 - 08/27/08 at 18:51:26

Just sharing an update on the MagicView project status.

Things looking GREAT!

updated pre-release instruction manual at MagicView.eccomagic.com

Bookmarks, indexing,  history, amazing stuff working great.   Release or pre-release date looks like very soon.  Lots of subtle complex stuff going on,  needs testing on large platform base to bring to light likely issues/problems.

Also,  likely needs an intro flash video to how 'uh,  what do I do with this ?'.

ps: worked hard to keep the 'ecco' look & feel,  hopefully,  successfully.

magicview1.png

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #15 - 09/28/08 at 09:13:15

MagicView Alpha tests wanted to know how to localize graphics files.    

"Here's a page of my favorite knife dealer,  with a shot of the new vs old blade,  how do I save it ?"

"oh,  there is a "Screen2Ecco" program ?    Cool."

But am pleased to report have added photo capture to the tool.    Photos are kept in a directory tied to each .eco file.  Works AMAZING.   Some tweaking needed on the 'reconcile' end,  to trim photos no longer relevant to the file.  Some complex CSS issues in need of resolution.

All-in-all,   MV is stable, working AMAZINGLY GREAT... and something to get excited about.

It has added a fundamentally new dimension to the way I use ecco.

Am now clipping 'snapshots' of huge Word, Excel & Web documents and including as documentation of minor outline items.  (costs is averaging a measly global pointer or two per item).   For comparison if you  fully filled in all the fields in default phone book entry,  each phone entry would use up 21 global pointers.

(or, eg., a 100k word file [large] added to an item, takes up the same ecco space as adding phone, fax, email, and zipcode to an item.)

also is just drag/drop or copy/paste or mark & hotkey,  so *much* easier than trying to insert copy of .doc file as eco file object.

plus, can grab several clips in single view page, for very fast data access....   it's cool.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #16 - 09/28/08 at 09:17:19

also came to light that some of our alpha testers were not aware of Magic Hijack, Screen2Ecco,  EM Classic, etc.

if you haven't gone thru the eccotools.com  and READ INSTRUCTIONS FOR EVERY TOOL ON THERE... you're missing something!

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #17 - 10/09/08 at 21:20:18

New pre-release instructions for MagicView here.    Smiley

While MagicView is certainly *not* intended as a word processor replacement,  found it natural environment to demonstrate some of the core functions (the instructions written as MagicView page).

Some of things that are for me super helpful and useful,  you probably might notice-- highlighting, and paragraph highlighting,  outline numbering, etc. (Focus on easy to use tools for information gathering, highlighting, organizing and filing-- ie. Gathering, saving and reviewing info that can access quickly and easily).

Instant export as a html file allows easily sharing notes outside of the ecco world,  as in this example.

ps: Have taken to the practice of sending misc. requested info to friends & family directly from my organized ecco clips.  I just select the relevant ecco outline sections,  press Winkey + / to load the 'combo view'  and then drag & drop the indexed clip into an email.

The only problem with this so far is that I keep getting asked to let them know from whom I forwarded the mail.   For some reason the info in this format looks like a report someone else wrote up and I was just forwarding on...  go figure.

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
rb

I Love Ecco!

Reply #18 - 10/11/08 at 17:10:22

Quote from Admin on 10/09/08 at 21:20:18:

New pre-release instructions for MagicView here.    Smiley

Can we [alpha] test MagicView? Where can we download a copy?

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #19 - 10/11/08 at 22:10:21

90 day beta trial for you.    Smiley

recommend turning on comboview borders (View Menu).  

EUA, TERMS, ETC.:

We are transmitting or delivering to you a copy of our software,  similar to if we were transmitting or delivering to you a copy of a radio show.  We own the original program, as an entire work, including but not limited to the coding, text, html,  images, graphics, layout, design, and look and feel, all of which are COPYRIGHT by us, and all rights to which are retained by and RESERVED by us.   Similarly, the source code including any and all parts which are based on our trade secret or any patented or patent-pending technology,  are retained by us,  and your right is limited to a right to use the object code distributed to you.   You agree not to look under the hood, and to keep fully secret and confidential, even from your own eyes,  all internal processes of the program.            

We grant you,  and only to you,  the right to use,  for either a single user on as many machines used exclusively by that user, or for a single machine with multiple non-remote users.   You may, of course,  make reasonable backups of the program, if kept securely by you,  and not in such a way that others might have access or the opportunity to copy or steal the program from your backups.            

You are authorized to re-transmit or copy the program for your own use, from a fixed media to another fixed media or to local RAM of your machine,  in order to use the program in an ordinary fashion.  You are not authorized to modify, crack, or hack the program.  Application or implementation of any  modification, crack, or hack, is a violation of this end user agreement, and a violation of the program's copyright.            

The the full extent permitted by law, no warranties are made, and the software is transmitted "as-is".  Use of this software has not been tested by us on your individual machine or circumstances,  and you acknowledge this and you agree to assume all risk of use.  No warranty of fitness for use, and no warranty for merchantability are made by us,  and ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES are, to the extent permitted by law,  fully disclaimed by us.   To the extent permitted by law,  the limitations of remedies for any breach of warranty is limited to replacement of the software, or refund of the purchase price,  at our exclusive option.            

This product is distributed "AS-IS".            

Please report any comments,  suggestions, bugs, or problems to:    BugReport@eccoMAGIC.com            

©2006-2008.  ECCOMAGIC.  All Rights Reserved.  

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print