Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
04/25/24 at 03:56:25
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Five (5) Ways to switch between open files (Popularity: 3058 )
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Five (5) Ways to switch between open files
04/17/07 at 14:49:46

Ecco allows you to have multiple files open at one time,  and even to copy (WITH TEXT FORMATTING [but no fields/folders]) or cut (entirely from file) and paste [with text formatting *and* fields [except the field item was cut from]] -- and you can even (if autosave and autosave on exit turned off) exit without saving the cut-from file.. to be able to re-load and cut again!

But how.. oh how to switch between the open files easily ?

Here are FIVE ways:

1) With the EccoMagic XP tool.    The application key + ?  brings up a menu,  or application key + 1 .. 9  brings up that window.   It's really nice, and I use it daily.

2) You can manually click on the bar at the lower right corner of the screen that appears when you have multiple-open files.  It's not the most convenient.. but it does work!   You can also create a macro (with most macro programs) to do this for you.

3) Alec Burgess suggested this and it works.. where you've opened 4 files and want to move between them.  Alt+F  + 1..4  will do the job.   (This does not work is you've created new files, and will also open the last 1-4 files you've last used).

4) Others (I learned this from "ten1289", and was reminded of it by Pastor Don) use icons for key specific files.  Ie. if you open a file you can drag and drop the shortcut icon for that file to your toolbar.  The buttons work equally well to open AND to switch back and forth between the open files.  It's handy,  especially for frequently used files.

5) You can manually create icons to switch between the first, second, third, etc. open file.  And here is how you do it!:

A) Open 9 'New' files.  ie. Create them from scratch- DO NOT LOAD THEM FROM AN EXISTING FILE.

B) Using the 'bar' on the lower right hand side of the screen one by one, starting with the FIRST file, and working to the last,  use this procedure:

i) Click on that file in the lower right 'bar' selection menu, so that  the file is opened before you on the ecco screen.   A "?" shortcut icon will be available.  Right click drag it (in order) to the taskbar.

When you're done you've got a row of icons ("?".."?") which will bring up *whatever* file is open in the same sequence the icons appear.   Not perfect but still... NICE !

note:  Using the Tools > Toolbar dialog, you can assign a different toolbar to EACH notepad in your files...  

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print