Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
eccoMAGIC Forums
03/29/24 at 02:16:35
News: Try magicHijack!, Hoist, Move, & Gather, is simply amazing!
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
EccoPro FULL PROGRAM FILES FOR INSTALL !!! (Popularity: 47027 )
kiddoc
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Show the link to this post EccoPro FULL PROGRAM FILES FOR INSTALL !!!
01/15/07 at 01:22:37

Here is the full zip file install for Ecco Pro 4.01  

(Put together by Friedhelm Dohmann at  http://www.compusol.org/ecco)

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Show the link to this post Re: EccoPro FULL PROGRAM FILES FOR INSTALL !!!
Reply #1 - 10/31/07 at 18:05:42

Moderator note:  This is not the EccoMagic single directory zip.    This is the multi-directory version developed by 'compusol',  and was uploaded by a EccoMagic forum member.

Also note: While have my own personal questions about Friedhelm's intentions and desire for profit vs. honest and helpful information exchange  (he removed the link to the active ecco_pro forum from his site, and from the old eccopro forum once he gained control over the old forum, and there seems to be some intentional scheme involving the old forum and the known information and email harvesting bots that Friedhelm is maintaining there.  Along with other issues,  in dealing with Friedhelm,  the compusol site,  the old forum he gained control over, etc.  caution is advised.)--  as I understand the facts  Friedhelm put together this version of the install zip,  and although it is freely available on the web (including here obviously),  and appears to contain no coding or configuration added by Friedhelm, if you choose to use *this* version,  you really should pay him the $10.00 he charges for it.

Of course,  you are welcome to use EccoMagic's own single directory zip install available in another post on this board  Wink  (which is easier to install!!! and more stable!!!, and includes built in configuration fixes ["eccoMagic dust"] Smiley), for FREE.

Edited:
This zip file which was uploaded here from Friedhelm's site,  just like the file on his Compusol site, contains corrupt files.   If you use this file please (1) PAY FRIEDHELM $10 per year (the price charges on his site) and (2) replace the .ect files with non-corrupted versions.

This file was uploaded by a member, and may be a useful reference,  so have not taken down the file, but,  very seriously,  if you use *this* file please pay Friedhelm for it.

« Last Edit: 03/26/09 at 15:18:50 by Admin »  

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
ArtKns
EccoMagic Apprentice

I Love Ecco!

Reply #2 - 12/07/09 at 12:37:41

This just does not make any sense to me.  

On the one hand you state a cogent argument that Friedhelm Dohmann's intentions are less than honorable
and then turn around and advocate paying him $10! For what? I looked at his download file and all he did was take your old single directory Ecco files and split them into separate subdirectories. And left out a bunch of them at that. That is a minimal contribution from any community member and worth a "Thank you" but not any $$.

Then you come back two years later and make another special plea to pay him. Why? It does not compute! What am I missing ??? Did he contribute something somewhere else that warrants this consideration???

On a different note, is there some reason why you didn't include the link to the EccoMagic single directory install file? I had to go to Google to find it and then only after sifting through a lot of chaff. Assuming that I found the right one, the EccoMagic single directory install DL page URL is: http://forums.eccomagic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1193820851  

The EccoPro401 Manual Install ZIP file (Complete installation) direct DL link is: http://forums.eccomagic.com/forum/Attachments/pre-release-Manual_Install_001.zip
(Originally dated 10-31-07 and updated 03-08-09)

I hope I didn't step on anybody's toes here.

IP Logged
Admin
Administrator

I love Ecco!

Reply #3 - 12/07/09 at 15:13:53

1. thanks for adding the links.   helpful.

2. A forum member posted this file.  It was assembled by Friedhelm (it also contains corrupted files and would not recommend using it).  If anyone decides that *this* is the file they want to use to install their Ecco,  in all fairness,   Friedhelm put together the file and he wants to be paid for that.

Even if Friedhelms been doing some creepy things lately (like trying to remove the links to this forum,  the eccowiki, and the ecco_pro forum from wikipedia, etc.  so that those looking for ecco will only find his pay-to-view version),  he's still entitled to be paid for his 'work' in putting together this file-- if this is the file someone decides for some reason (I don't know one) that they want to use this particular file.

3. If you look at the guide for the perplexed at the eccotools board,  you'll find the links to different download setup options, fixes,  and a lot of very cool tools  (many, many, many freeware).    Well worth exploring.  

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print